Julie Hasson is the author of 5 cookbooks. She is very passionate about food. You can visit her at: juliehasson.com
Check out Julie's new Cookbook "Vegan Diner"
Julie’s Quick Pizza Dough For Grilled Pizzas
1 scant tablespoon active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup warm water
3 cups all-purpose flour, about
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the bowl and brushing on crusts
1 tablespoon agave or organic brown sugar
3/4 cup cool water
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water; stir in the sugar and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the agave with the salt, olive oil and cool water and set aside.
3. Put the flour in the bowl of a food processor. With the processor running, slowly pour the agave-oil mixture in through the feed tube. Then pour in the dissolved yeast. Process until the dough forms a ball on the blade. If it is too sticky, sprinkle on a little more flour.
4. Scrape the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Transfer to an oiled bowl, and let rest 1 hour.
5. When dough has risen for an hour, preheat outdoor BBQ grill. Make sure to coat the grills with an oil so the dough won't stick to it.
6. Roll or stretch each ball of dough into 4 9-inch circles. Put the circles on a cornmeal dusted baking sheet. Transfer pizzas (cornmeal-side down) onto preheated grill and cook until golden brown and toasty on bottoms. Remove pizzas from grill, and flip over onto baking sheet. Garnish par-baked pizzas with desired toppings and return to hot grill. Cover and bake until crusts are golden brown and toppings are melted and cooked. Remove pizzas from grill and serve hot.
*Recipe can be doubled.
Pizza topping suggestions (though not necessarily all together on the same pizza):
Vegan pesto sauce, marinara sauce, peanut sauce, vegan cheese, sliced onions, sliced Greek olives, tomato, Julie's Spicy Italian Sausages and bell peppers.
Copyright © 2006 Julie Hasson