ROASTED GARLIC PESTO GNOCCHI
Makes 4 servings
1 pound prepared vegan gnocchi, homemade or store bought
15 peeled cloves of garlic (1 head)
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 2-oz package basil, stemmed and chopped (1 bunch)
2 tbsp + 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
Salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
Preheat oven to 375°F
1) In a small baking dish, toss garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2) Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
3) In a food processor, combine roasted garlic, pine nuts, basil and remaining olive oil, processing until smooth. Add salt to taste.
4) Place gnocchi in boiling water and boil just until gnocchi floats to the top.
5) Strain gnocchi and toss with prepared pesto sauce.
Copyright © 2006 Brian P. McCarthy