Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 oz (about 1 1/2 cups) frozen blackberries or raspberries, thawed
- In a medium saucepan combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat slightly and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, gently stirring once, if needed, to separate the berries.
- Set syrup aside to cool. Strain.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of syrup (or to taste) to glass of sparkling water. Stir and serve.