Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1½ to 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons siracha sauce, or to taste
- 2 cups thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the spaghetti until it is al dente or just tender. Drain and rinse noodles. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender jar, add peanut butter, soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, agave syrup and siracha sauce. Blend sauce until it’s smooth and creamy. This might take a few minutes.
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Pour peanut sauce over noodles, tossing well so that noodles are well coated with sauce. Add shredded cabbage, carrots, cilantro, scallions and sesame seeds, tossing until mixed. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson