Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup soy, almond, hemp or rice milk
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh or frozen blueberries, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, wheat germ, baking powder and sugar.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together milk, orange juice and vanilla. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, whisking or stirring just until mixed. There may be a few lumps left, which is okay. Don't try to work all the lumps out.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Lightly oil skillet. Once skillet is hot, ladle the batter onto the skillet. Sprinkle frozen blueberries on top. When the bottoms of the pancakes are golden and bubbles begin to set around the edges, gently flip the pancakes. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until the pancakes are set. Serve pancakes immediately while hot.
Copyright © Julie Hasson 2009