Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
- 2 cups dry Soy Curls
- 2 cups boiling water
- About 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetarian “Chicken”-style seasoning (or seasoning of choice), or to taste
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- ¼ sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish, optional
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning, or to taste
- Pinch dried dill weed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine Soy Curls and boiling water. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes, or until soft. Strain the Soy Curls in a colander, pressing out as much moisture as possible. Place Soy Curls on a cutting board and chop into coarse pieces. Scoop into a large bowl, add seasoning powder and mix well. Set the Soy Curls aside to cool.
- Once Soy Curls are cool, add celery, onion and relish to bowl, mixing well. Add mayonnaise, poultry seasoning and dill. Stir well to combine, adding salt and pepper to taste. Adjust seasonings as needed. Chill salad until ready to serve.
- Copyright 2007 Julie Hasson
12 LBS 8 oz bag3 – 8 oz bags