Brian P.McCarthy is a very creative and talented professional chef. He has written a few cookbooks. You can find out more about his adventures by visiting his blog.
- 2 14-oz can coconut milk (*Thai Kitchen® coconut milk, unsweetened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (or to taste)
- ) Place coconut milk in refrigerator overnight, right-side up. Do not shake.
- ) Place mixing bowl and electric beaters in freezer for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- ) Remove coconut milk and pierce bottom of can with a pointed can opener and drain off the liquid part.
- ) Open top of coconut milk can and spoon the thick coconut cream into chilled bowl.
- ) Whip coconut cream with chilled beaters until fluffy, about 30 seconds. Do not over whip.
- ) Gently whip in powdered sugar.
- ) Keep refrigerate until ready to use. Holds in refrigerator for several hours.